1) The Stock Market Challenge (SMC) will span a six-month preiod covering the 4th and 1st quarters of 2014 and 2015, respectively. The competition will consist of three distinct periods:
2) The full academic year trading competition will run simultaneously with two quarterly competitions utlizing a single account with results being calculated at the end of each respective preiod.
3) New entrants may be permitted to join the SMC for the second half of the competition - 2015 Q1 but are not eligible for winning any prizes.
4) Prizes will be awarded to participants with the best performance determined as the highest percentage return over the three distinc periods mentioned previously.
5) Participants must:
6) Registration for the SMC will be completed by UMIG executive members who will email all participants their account information at the end of the SMC Kick-off Members Meeting.
7) Participants must attend a minimum of two (2) Great-West Life sponsored meetings throughout the year in order to qualify for cash prizes, this means a minimum of one (1) GWL sponsored meeting per quarter excluding the competition's opening and closing bell ceremony.
8) Monthly awards will take place at all Great-West Life sponsored meetings, where company representatives will present the winner with a $50 gift certificate/cash.